New

August 19, 2018

Something has shifted. After 3 years, my house is mine again. I willingly shared it with a series of non-family members who each needed temporary homes, and while it was a privilege and a joy to do so, I’m relieved and in a bit of shock that this season is over.

I feel a newness welling up, as I expressed in the last post. I’m enrolled in a coaching program designed to reprogram me in terms of weight. I’ve lost the proximity of an important friend. So many changes have happened in the last 3 months. I’m planning a long road trip. I’m revisiting all the things I claim to love to do and trying to do them regularly, to see if I want to keep them all in my life. Things like knitting, spinning, art journaling, papercrafting, reading, writing, sewing, gardening, etc.. I’ve felt such a compulsion to try and collect and learn about and do all these things over the years, but now I feel a little suffocated and want to find out what really fits. I want to figure out what I want the next 40 years of my life to really be. Really.

The time of house-sharing came right on the heels of Evan leaving for his mission, so the house has never really been empty except for a few months during Evan’s freshman year of college. This really is new.

New is good.

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© My Creative Habit. Design by FCD.